The first X-ray machine in India was installed in this hospital in 1936. Since then the department has been providing highest quality imaging services. The department is fully equipped with “state of the art” equipment providing services to inpatients, OPD patients and patients presenting to the emergency. The department also caters to the needs of Sushruta Trauma Center. The department has also successfully conducted a number of CME programmes (3 series of 7 courses each) in association with the department of Radiodiagnosis, AIIMS & PGI Chandigarh which have drawn tremendous response from PG students and practicing radiologists throughout India. The department trains 7 post graduate students every year (6 MD and 1 DMRD candidate).