college is named after great patriot and freedom fighter Maulana
Abdul Kalam Azad. The foundation stone of the main building was
laid by 24th October 1959.
OUR VISION AND MISSION
The Primary aim of this institution is to produce competent basis Doctors, Specialists and
Super Specialists. It has endeavoured to promote all facilities conducive to learning and furtherance of knowledge by:
- Contribution towards national health care delivery system by providing efficient and expert medical services through the associated hospitals.
- Establishing routine and specialized laboratories of excellence and other investigative facilities.
- Pursuance of objectives of medical education by improving the course contents, continuing education and strengthening of research activities.
- Extending medical support to the local authorities for health care programmes.
- Extending health care facilities to above 1,00,000 rural urban population of Delhi through its organized centres in the community.
- Students seeking admission for formal medical education from the entry level MBBS to the highest level (Post-graduate & Post Doctorate Courses).
- Fellowship-IGNOU- trainees for different short term trainings.
- Hospital Organization/Laboratories/seeking trained technical manpower.
Providing Medical Education
This College is affiliated with Delhi University and admission in the Under-graduate & Post Graduate is done by the Delhi University.
A) UNDER GRADUATE COURSE
Total No. of Seats: 250
|15 % All India Quota (AIQ)||85% Delhi University Quota (DUQ)|
GOI (Central Pool Reserved Seat) - 6
b) ADMISSION (Procedure of MBBS Course)
- Selected candidates are required to deposit fees in person as early as possible after the announcement of selection and in any case before the notified date for
the purpose, failing which admission will lapse automatically without any further notification and the seat shall be offered to next on waiting list.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination by the medical officers appointed for the purpose. Candidates found medically unfit will
not be adimitted./li>
c) COURSES OF STUDIES
The course of study for MBBS degree and all related examinations will be according to rules and regulations of Delhi University. Students after passing the Final
MBBS examination must register themselves provisionally with the Delhi Medical Council before they can be permitted to join the compulsory internship programme,
as required under Medical Council Act.
d) ATTENDANCE: (Eligibility to Appear for Exam.)
The requisite percentage of attendance in the Class/Wards/Laboratories, as per rules and regulations laid down in the Ordinance of the University of Delhi,
will be necessary before the student is sent for University Examinations.
75% in clinical subjects is compulsory for appearing in the University Examination.
Student enjoying the benefit of Scholarship or Freeship will loose privilege in case he/she fails to secure 75% attendance and/or violate the rules of discipline
of the institution.
Note: The admission to medical courses shall close on 30th September of the year. In case students admitted beyond 30th September, due to reasons
whatsoever, they will not be eligible to appear in the 1st Professional annual examination at the end of 2nd semester. However, they may be
eligible to appear in the supplementary examination, if otherwise eligible. The supplementary batch students of first professional will appear in
the second professional examination conducted by the University provided he/she completed required training i.e. 18 months of study, if
- Terminal Examination will be held at the end of each term. Marks obtained in these examinations and day to day work shall be counted in the University Examinations.
Student must secure at least 35% internal assessment in theory and practical consolidated both in a particular subject in order to be eligible to appear in the
final University Examination of the subject.
- Any student found guilty of using unfair means in the examination will be subjected to disciplinary action as per the guidelines of University of Delhi.
f) COMPULSORY HINDI TEST
All students are required to pass an examination in Hindi at the end of the first or second year of MBBS course if he/she has not passed Hindi at the VIII
standard (Minimum), unless he / she has been exempted by the Delhi University. Adequate arrangements for preparing the students for this examination are
available at the Institution.
B) POST-GRADUATE DEGREE/DIPLOMA COURSES
Number of Admissions:
Total No. of MD/MS Seats: 154
|Radio-Diagnosis||6|| || |
|General Surgery||16||Obstt. And Gynaecology||11|
Total No. of DIPLOMA Seats: 23
|Anaesthesia (D.A.)||7||Obstt. And Gynaecology (D.G.O.)||4|
|Ophthalmology (D.O.)||4||E.N.T. (D.L.O.)||1|
|DERMA., VEN. & LEP. (D.D.V.L.)||1|| || |
C) POST DOCTORATE COURSE
M. Ch. in Peadiatric Surgery - 4>
MAMC HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION CAPACITY:
|Name of the Hostel||No of Accommodation|
|PG MEN'S HOSTEL||97|
|PG WOMEN HOSTEL||81|
|New HOSTEL LN Hospital||100|
Provost: Dir. Prof. Dr. G. K. Ingle, HOD Community Medicine
|Name of The Hostel||Name of the Warden||Mobile No.||Email ID|
|PG Womens Hostel||Dr. Richa Dewan(Dir. Professor, Medicine)||9968604269
|PG Mens Hostel||Dr. G. K. Ingle (Dir. Professor, Community Medicine)||9968604239
|Old Girls Hostel||Dr. Reva Tripathi (Dir. Professor, Obstt. & Gynae.)||9968604340
|New Girls Hostel||Dr. Neelam Vasudeva (Dir. Professor, Anatomy)||9968604205
|Old Resident Hostel||Dr. P. Lal (Professor, Surgery)||9968604380
|New Boys Hostel||Dr. Rajdeep Singh (Assoc. Professor, Surgery)||9968604383
|Old Boys Hostel||Dr. Sreenivas M. (Assoc. Professor, Forensic Medicine)||9968604260
Detail of the Grievance Committee for redressal of grievences of the students
|Name & Department||Designation||Mobile No.||Email ID|
|Dr. Uma Tekur, Dir Prof (Pharmacology)||Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|Dr. P. C. Ray, Dir Prof (Biochemistry)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. C. P. Baveja, Dir Prof (Microbiology)||Memberemail@example.com|
|Dr. Nita Khurana, Prof (Pathology)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Dean Office: 011-23231478, 011-23239271 Extn. 102 Email-id: email@example.com
Academic Branch: 011-23239271 Extn. 115 Email-Id: firstname.lastname@example.org